Are you a fan of traveling through the United States? Then it would be best to visit Florida, one of the most famous states among tourists. Thousands of people from all over the world visit different cities in Florida. Among the most popular cities are Orlando and Fort Lauderdale. Orland, located in central Florida, is known for its theme parks, especially Walt Disney World, whereas Fort Lauderdale, located on the southeastern coast, is famous for its beaches.
This guide focuses on helping all travel enthusiasts learn how far Orlando is from Fort Lauderdale and how to travel from one city to another. So fasten your belts and explore this comprehensive travel guide.
How to Travel from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando?
Traveling between the two cities has become very feasible through different means of transport. You can travel from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando by car, bus, train, or plane. The cost and travel duration for each option varies. There are pros and cons of traveling by transport. Consider all factors, such as time, cost, and distance, before deciding which convenience you opt to travel.
How Far is Orlando from Fort Lauderdale?
The distance from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando may vary slightly depending on the routes. However, Orlando is approximately 340 to 350 km far from Fort Lauderdale. When considering the time, it takes 3 hours and 24 minutes by car, 4 hours by bus, 4 hours and 32 minutes by train, and 1 hour by plane.
How do you Travel from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando by Car?
There are three main travel routes from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando:
- Via I-95 N and Florida’s Turnpike: The time duration for this route is around 3 hours and 15 minutes, and the distance is 342.8km.
- Via Florida’s Turnpike: This route takes 3 hours and 18 minutes to reach Orlando, and the distance from this route is 344.4km.
- Via I-95 N, E State Rd 60 W & Florida’s Turnpike: The travel time is 3 hours and 23 minutes, and the travel distance is 353.7 km via this route.
What is the Shortest Route from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando?
The shortest route from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando is via I-95 N and Florida’s Tpke, which takes 3 hours and 15 minutes. Follow the following directions while taking this route:
- Head west on E Broward Blvd toward US-1 S.
- Then pass by Dunkin’ (on the left in 2.4 km) and go for 3.0 km.
- Take a slight right to merge onto I-95 N toward W Palm Bch.
- Go for 650 mand; then the road will merge onto I-95 N.
- Keep going for 25.6 km and keep left to stay on I-95 N.
- Go in this direction for another 69.4 km.
- Take exit 87B to merge onto FL-706 W.
- After 1.4 km, turn right.
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Florida’s Turnpike N/Orlando, and merge onto Florida’s Tpke.
- In 231 km, take the exit on the left onto I-4 Express.
- Keep left at the fork to stay on I-4 Express.
- Take the exit on the left toward S Garland Ave.
- At the interchange, S Garland Ave, follow signs for S Garland Ave.
- Slight left to stay on S Garland Ave.
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto W Church St.
- Turn right onto S Orange Ave and enter Orlando, Florida.
How do you Travel from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando by Bus?
The bus journey takes 4 hours from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando and covers a distance of 339 km. The bus service, operated by Jet Set Express, runs seven buses weekly, which depart from Fort Lauderdale – Broward Blvd Park and Ride and arrive in Orlando. The bus ticket for this ride costs about US $28 to US $40. The bus ride from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando is the cheapest way to reach Orlando.
How do you Travel from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando by Train?
The train service operated by Amtrak runs trains from Fort Lauderdale Amtrak Station to Orlando twice daily. A one-way train ticket costs approximately US $39, and the average cost can range between US$10 and 120. Mainly, two Amtrak trains run on this route. These are ‘’Silver Meteor and Silver Star.’’ The duration of this train ride is around 4 hours and 32 minutes.
How do you Travel from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando by Plane?
A direct flight from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando is the fastest way to reach Orlando in about 1 hour and 6 minutes. The average air distance between the two cities is 177 miles. Spirit Airlines planes depart from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International (FLL) Airport and arrive at Orlando International Airport. A one-way ticket for Spirit Airlines costs about US $138.
Traveling from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando has become easy through different routes. You can take the car, bus, train, or plane, depending upon your preferences. Orlando is approximately 340 to 350 km far from Fort Lauderdale. The distance varies between these numbers based on different routes. The shortest route is via I-95 N and Florida’s Turnpike, which takes 3 hours and 15 minutes. The bus ride takes 4 hours, the train takes 4 hours and 32 minutes, whereas the plane takes 1 hour and 6 minutes. We hope our guide helped you choose your travel options from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando.
Diana was an active fitness model in the past. She has had numerous shoots done at different locations and found out that her true interest was in exploring the world! Later on, this passion motivated her to write multiple tarvel blogs about whatever place she visited and discovered, and here it is! Enjoy reading a variety of blogs by Diana to get a lively experience of several places.