Now that summer is in full swing, we thought that we would put together some recipe ideas for throwing a marijuana backyard bbq. So break out that checkered tablecloth, call a few friends over, and try some of these 420-friendly dishes.
Many of the recipes we will be showing you, will call for Cannabutter, so let’s go through how to create this key ingredient.
This is a simple and quick way to infuse cannabis into butter in the comfort of your kitchen. Be sure to use salted butter since it has a higher smoke point. The great thing about cannabutter is that it can be made relatively quickly and be substituted in just about every recipe.
Ok, now that we have the cannabutter created, we can get started with our backyard bbq. The first thing we are going to create is some bbq sauce for those ribs!
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1 gram of BHO with 60% THC
2 cups ketchup
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup organic apple juice
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons black pepper
1 tablespoon Cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons garlic salt
3 tablespoons liquid smoke
1/8 cup cold water mixed with
1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional for a thicker sauce)
- First, melt your butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan. Add your BHO and stir until dissolved, about 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, Worcestershire, and mustard, in a medium size sauce pot and stir. Add the paprika, pepper, salt, and liquid smoke and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the cornstarch mixture along with the BHO infusion and simmer another 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until desired thickness is reached.
Next, let’s create the most fantastic canna chili for everyone to feast on.
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 pounds of ground beef
½ cup cannabutter
1 15-ounce can of beef broth
1 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
Spice Bowl #1:
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons Wyler’s beef bouillon granules
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon coriander
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon cayenne
Spice Bowl #2:
4 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon white pepper
Spice Bowl #3:
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Coat the bottom of a large pot with oil. Fry the meat until it is thoroughly seared, then drain the grease into an empty can to avoid clogging your sink. Transfer the beef to a strainer and pour some water over it to remove the grease.
- Melt cannabutter in a saucepan over medium heat. Return the seared meat to the pot, and add 15 ounces of water and beef broth. Add the tomato sauce to the pot and bring it to a boil. Add spice bowl #1, mix, and return to a boil over medium heat for 60 minutes.
- Add spice bowl #2, mix, and return to a boil over medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Add spice bowl #3, mix, and boil for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a Budweiser.
Now, let’s create everyone’s favorite snack, Nachos!!
1 large sweet onion
1 green tomato
2 red tomatoes
1 jalapeno or serrano pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons beer (a light beer like Corona is perfect)
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons THC oil
6 ounces tortilla chips
1 cup shredded Tex Mex cheese
1 ripe avocado, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roughly chop tomatoes, jalapeno, and onion. Add them to a blender (or food processor) with the garlic, beer, lemon juice, and THC oil. Pulse 3 times so that the texture becomes chunky.
- Spread the chips on a baking sheet, cover with Tex Mex cheese, and top with several heaping spoonfuls of the mixture you just made. Put it the baking sheet in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes (until the cheese has melted). Serve, topped with the avocado.
Last but certainly not least, we will need a beverage to wash all of this down. How about some refreshing marijuana iced tea?
1 Tea Cup
1 Teaspoon of bud butter/cannabutter
Scale ingredients by 1 for each person
- Add the 1 tsp. of bud butter/cannabutter and tea bag to the cup.
- Boil the water and pour it in
- Let the bud butter/cannabutter fully dissolve.
- Remove the tea bag, add ice, and consume
Tip: You can add mint or any other herbal tea flavors to enhance the taste.