Traveling and smoking marijuana on trips is the new combination people are enjoying. Marijuana tourism is simply incorporating the use of marijuana into your travel plans. Recreational use of marijuana has become legal in many states of the United States and other parts of the world. This has increased tourism worldwide, people loving marijuana prefer to plan their trips to 420-friendly regions. The term ”420-friendly” is used where consuming marijuana is legal and is not discouraged.
Consuming marijuana accounts for certain conditions that you must follow while on your trip. Breaking any marijuana laws can result in serious trouble and you do not want to get in trouble by breaking the laws. The following article includes all the things you need to know about marijuana tourism in different regions of the world.
Countries with Marijuana Tourism
The following list contains some of the countries where consuming and possessing marijuana for recreational purposes is legalized. Make sure that if you are into smoking marijuana then plan your trip to these specific places.
- United States
Things to Know About Marijuana Tourism
Just after marijuana was legalized in many countries, tourism has also increased as people can enjoy a smoke freely while on their vacation. But there are certain conditions to consume marijuana in these regions. This article will help you explore all the things you need to know about consuming and possessing marijuana as well as the fine charged for breaking any marijuana laws in these regions.
Canada allows the use of marijuana for both recreational and medical purposes. However, the recreational use of marijuana was legalized in 2018. They do not promote the use of it but it is legal to use it in certain areas. The most famous states for marijuana tourism include Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, and Manitoba. Following are some of the things to be noted about marijuana tourism in Canada.
- Adults of ages 18 and above can consume and possess marijuana.
- The limit of marijuana possession is 30 grams or less.
- The fine for breaking ant marijuana laws is $1000 for the first offense and $5000 for repeated offenses.
- There are some limitations to the production, distribution, and consumption at homes.
- Marijuana-selling companies are not allowed to promote their product through commercials or billboards.
- Manitoba allows growing marijuana at home only with a medical license.
Famous Marijuana-Friendly Spots in Ontario
Ontario is among the most beautiful regions of Canada, and having a variety of marijuana-friendly makes it even more attractive. Some of such spots are:
- Parks Creek Retreat
- Merlot Sunset
- Vapor Central
- Hot Box Café
The medical use of marijuana was legalized in Thailand in 2018 however recreational use was legalized in 2022. It is known as ”ganja” in Thailand and has been introduced in the country by India. In June 2022 marijuana was removed from the list of narcotics and is fully decriminalized. Following are some of the things to consider about marijuana tourism in Thailand.
- Cannabis cultivation is legal as long as you submit an application called “PLOOK GANJA” to the food and drug regulatory authority of the country.
- Adults who are 20 years or older can consume and possess marijuana.
- Breastfeeding and pregnant women are not eligible to consume marijuana.
- Cannabis products including edibles and extracts containing more than 0.2% THC are considered narcotics. Their possession and synthesis require permission.
- Smoking marijuana in public places such as schools and malls is illegal.
- Breaking the marijuana laws can result in a fine of $750 or a prison sentence of three months.
Famous 420-Friendly Cities in Thailand
Some of the top famous 420-friendly cities in Thailand include:
- Koh Samui
- Chiang Mai
Consuming marijuana is not legalized in all states however since 2022, recreational marijuana consumption has been legalized in almost 22 states. The most famous states for marijuana tourism and consumption are Colorado and Washington. The other states include Alaska, Illinois, Maine, Oregon, and Vermont. Consider the following things if you are planning to consume marijuana while traveling to the United States:
- Adults 21 years or older can consume and possess marijuana.
- You require an official ID or a driver’s license to purchase marijuana from local dispensaries.
- The limit of marijuana possession is 3 grams or less in the United States.
- The marijuana fine for the first offense is $1000 and $2500-$5000 for repeated offenses.
Famous Marijuana-Friendly Places in Colorado
Colorado is best known to be a friendly place for marijuana tourists. Here are some cannabis-friendly places you’ll definitely discover when visiting the state:
- Club Ned
- Studio A64
- Estes Park
- The Coffee Joint
- Tetra Lounge
Famous Marijuana-Friendly Places in Washington DC
Similarly, Washington offers numerous 420-friendly places, including:
- The Elroy
- DC9 Nightclub
- Tune Inn
- Infuse Restaurant
- Madam’s Organ
In June 2021 marijuana was legalized in Mexico for recreational purposes. Marijuana consumption and cultivation is not promoted in this country however you will not be sent to jail for consuming it. Consider the following things if you plan to smoke weed while traveling to Mexico.
- Adults of ages 18 years or older can possess marijuana.
- The most famous state for marijuana tourism is Cancun, so consider traveling there if you go to Mexico.
- The limitation of marijuana possession is 5 grams or less than that.
- The fine for breaking marijuana laws in Mexico is $15-30 for locals and $60-90 for foreigners.
Famous Marijuana-Friendly Places in Mexico
People who love exploring Mexico should now not worry about finding the best marijuana-friendly places there. It has a lot of them, such as:
- Cristóbal de la Casas
- Puerto Vallarta
- Cabo San Lucas
- Oaxaca de Juárez
- Riviera Maya
Marijuana in the Netherlands was decriminalized for personal use in the 1900s. Marijuana for recreational use if available at local coffee shops. But it is still considered illegal in many parts of the country. Make sure to keep in mind the following things if you want to enjoy smoking weed in the Netherlands.
- Adults aged 18 years or older can possess and consume marijuana for recreational purposes.
- The most famous states for marijuana tourism in the Netherlands are Rotterdam, Amsterdam, and Ternezuen.
- The limit of marijuana possession is 5 grams or less.
- The marijuana fines include EUR 75 or 2 years of prison for the possession of up to 30 grams of marijuana. The marijuana fine is EUR 16,750 for the possession of 30 grams or more.
Famous 420-Friendly Places in the Netherlands
Besides the U.S., the Netherlands is also well-known for give a marijuana-friendly environment. Some of the famous 420-accommodating places there are:
- Mellow Yellow
- The Bulldog
- Checkpoint Coffeeshop
Marijuana is enjoyed worldwide, especially by the young generation. They consume it in the form of cigarettes or other edibles. Since the legalization of marijuana in many countries, marijuana tourism has increased as people like to enjoy a smoke while on their vacation. Countries like Canada, Thailand, and the United States offer great 420-friendly places where you can enjoy smoking a joint without getting into any trouble. You must follow the marijuana laws for the specific country where you are planning to stay to have a smooth trip.
Diana was an active fitness model in the past. She has had numerous shoots done at different locations and found out that her true interest was in exploring the world! Later on, this passion motivated her to write multiple tarvel blogs about whatever place she visited and discovered, and here it is! Enjoy reading a variety of blogs by Diana to get a lively experience of several places.