Are you a travel freak and always looking for travel information before starting your trip? Well, then here you go!
In this article, we will talk about getting to the two most famous cities of Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is known for its delicious food. This Caribbean Island is known for its beautiful landscapes, mountains, beaches, and rainforests. The two popular cities of this country are Aguadilla and the capital, San Juan. Aguadilla is famous for Playa Crash Boat, a sandy beach with a great surfing experience whereas San Juan is famous for its nightclubs, casinos, and bars. Anyone who is planning a trip to Puerto Rico cannot miss traveling to both of these cities. Now you must be wondering how far is San Juan from Aguadilla. The distance between the two is approximately 100 miles.
To know more about the travel time, distance, and best options for traveling between the cities, keep reading!
How Can You Travel from Aguadilla to San Juan?
The first thing that comes to mind while planning a trip is how you will get from one city to another. There are mainly two ways to travel from Aguadilla to San Juan, by car or by plane but there are three other ways to travel as well.
- One way is to drive to San Antonia and then take a shuttle from there to San Juan.
- Another way is to use a town car to get to San Juan.
- The third way of getting to San Juan involves driving to Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort in Ponce and then taking a shuttle from there to get to San Juan.
What is the Distance between Aguadilla and San Juan?
The distance varies depending on whether you are using a plane or a car to get to San Juan from Aguadilla. The land distance while traveling in a car is almost 130 km, while the flying distance on an airplane is approximately 77 miles (123 km). Undoubtedly, a plane is faster than a car and you can cover more distance in less time.
What is the Travel Time from Aguadilla to San Juan?
Just like distance, travel time also varies with the choice of transport you use. Here are the travel times for all transport means described previously.
- By car, it takes almost 2 hours to get to San Juan.
- By plane, it takes 1 hour to get to San Juan.
- By using the town car, it might take 1 hour and 43 minutes to get to San Juan airport.
- If you drive to San Antonia then it will take 1 hour 23 minutes to reach San Antonio and another 50 minutes on shuttle to get to San Juan airport.
- If you plan to drive through Ponce then it will take 1 hour and 24 minutes to get to Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort and another 2 hours and 10 minutes to reach San Juan airport.
What is the Cheapest Way to get to San Juan from Aguadilla?
The cheapest way to travel from Aguadilla to San Juan is by car. The different costs of using different transport means are as follows.
|Town Car||US $210-$250|
|Shuttle via Ponce||US $219-$224|
|Shuttle via San Antonio||US $101-$106|
Which Airline is Best for Traveling to San Juan?
There are many airlines with flights all over the world. The best airlines for traveling to San Juan include Cape Air, JetBlue, United Airlines, and Spirit Air. The prices of these airlines keep on varying depending upon many factors such as the season, they are usually high during the holiday season.
Best Stops While traveling from Aguadilla to San Juan
If you are planning to have a road trip from Aguadilla to San Juan, you’re already on an adventure! There are almost 31 attraction sites or stops to soak in with your travel buddies. Here is a list of these stops, so do make sure to visit them while driving from Aguadilla to San Juan.
- Buyé Beach
- Zoológico de Mayagüez
- La Parguera
- Island Scuba
- Gilligans Island
- Bosque Estatal de Guánica
- Sandra Farms Coffee
- Tanama River Adventures
- Batey Adventures
- Cueva del Indio
- Museo Castillo Serrallés
- Museo de Arte de Ponce
- La Guancha Marine Center
- Parque de Bombas
- Puerto Rico Premium Outlets
- Isla Caja De Muertos
- Mar Chiquita Beach
- Zipline Tours in Puerto Rico
- Puerto Nuevo Playa de Vega Baja Beach
- Toro Verde Adventure Park
- Aguas Termales de Coamo
- Albergue Olímpico Germán Rieckehoff
- Casa BACARDÍ
- San Felipe del Morro Castle
- San Juan National Historic Site Sitio
- Catedral Basilica Menor de San Juan Bautista
- Viejo San Juan
- Castillo de San Cristóbal
- Jardín Botánico y Cultural William Miranda Marín
- Plaza de Recreo Santiago R. Palmer
Tips for Traveling by Air from Aguadilla to San Juan
As the easiest way to travel is by air, there are some tips that one should follow while traveling from Aguadilla to San Juan on an airplane. These tips are sure to make your travel experience a lot better.
- It is better to purchase your tickets during the off-season as tickets are much cheaper then.
- It is advised to book your tickets in advance to avoid any trouble of not getting the seats. You can even get the best seats if you purchase them in advance.
- It is also advised to check in online as in this way you can save 2 hours of staying at the airport.
- Make sure to get to the airport 1.5 hours before your flight as sometimes the security checks take longer than usual and you do not want to miss your flight.
The Bottom Line
Puerto Rico is a beautiful country located in the Caribbean. Anyone who plans to take a trip there is sure to travel to two of the most famous cities Aguadilla and San Juan. Both of these have great beaches and ideal sites for tourists. You can either use a plane or a car to get to San Juan from Aguadilla. There are different shuttle services as well that tourists use. The distance and travel time depend on which transport means you use. The land distance between the two cities is about 81 miles or 130 km, while the flight distance is about 77 miles or 123 km. The travel time between the two cities is 1 hour by plane and 2 hours by car.
Diana was an active fitness model in the past. She has had numerous shoots done at different locations and found out that her true interest was in exploring the world! Later on, this passion motivated her to write multiple tarvel blogs about whatever place she visited and discovered, and here it is! Enjoy reading a variety of blogs by Diana to get a lively experience of several places.